Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuckies are done. Whew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuckies are done. Whew

My first chuck roast cooked on a four burner grill is behind me. It was a struggle. It all started with rain, so got a 2 hour later start. I couldn’t get the temperature right. 2 burners on high was 187, 3 burners on low 291, 2 pans of water. This was really frustrating. However, after 9.5 hours cooking and 1.5 hours faux cambro it was absolutely delicious Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0825.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	281.4 KB
ID:	237099Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0832.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	244.2 KB
ID:	237100
    Attached Files

Nicely Done Everyday !! A lot of work, due to the WX, but the results speak for themselves!

Comment

Good job, a great pitmaster can overcome poor conditions and it looks like you did it! I find there are few things better than pulled beef. I like it better than pulled pork.

Comment

Thanks guys, but how did I go from cooked, pulled, then back to raw with bbbr. I guess I could save a lot on meat cost that way though😁

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

That looks very good to me.

Comment

That pull looks amazing. Nicely done.

Comment

Beautiful

Comment

Great job! you know, Aaron Franklin cooks at 275, and others do too. So if you find a sweet spot on your gasser, say 290, or 280, or whatever, then use it. Also, did you try different combos of the burner settings? Like one on High, one on med, one on low, etc? You can play around with that to find the right temp. Also, try different burners. IE the left side burners might run lower than the right side burners and thus you can get 225 or 250 by using the left side for heat and the right side for the indirect side. Or vice versa.

But the pulled chuckie looks great!

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Now I'm craving some pulled beef Everyday. Great job on making it happen no matter what was thrown at you!

Comment

You can't see the meat, but it's there. After the picture I put on some scallions, diced tomato, and sour cream. Man o man great nachos while Ohio state Wins. It don't get no better😀 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2511.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	217.3 KB
ID:	237262

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo View Post
                            Great job! you know, Aaron Franklin cooks at 275, and others do too. So if you find a sweet spot on your gasser, say 290, or 280, or whatever, then use it. Also, did you try different combos of the burner settings? Like one on High, one on med, one on low, etc? You can play around with that to find the right temp. Also, try different burners. IE the left side burners might run lower than the right side burners and thus you can get 225 or 250 by using the left side for heat and the right side for the indirect side. Or vice versa.

But the pulled chuckie looks great!
                            I agree with Stevo 1000%

Fiddle more with the burner settings, and don't be afraid of higher temps. I often do chuckies in my PBC at 280 or so pit temp. They always turn out great.

Sounds as though your cook turned out just fine, despite the challenges, Everyday --can't argue with the beauty (and flavor I'm sure) of that end result. Congrats!

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here