Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Costco prime brisket - no joy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costco prime brisket - no joy...

Here in VA, Costco does not carry prime packers - no one does. So I was hoping to pick one up in Austin while visiting our son. We went to Costco where I saw Brisket Gold for the first time. However, when my wife saw it, she said there is no way your gonna put that thing in our suitcase. I then thought, OK, I'll just ship it home, but the overnight rate plus the cost of the brisket was more than buying from one of the premium online sellers, and two day was still way to high, so there is no prime brisket joy for me...

Of course, while typing this post, I figured it out. All I needed to do was buy a cheap bag, box, or container of some sort, and I could have checked it as baggage at the airport for $25. Now I'm really pissed....

Hopefully our son will come home for Christmas and I can get him to bring me one.

I was just gonna mention that!! Thats how we shipped out Salmon back from AK!!

Comment

I work at the airport here in dallas and everyday I see hundreds of people with cheap coolers packed full of food. I see a lot of briskets going to places like Hawaii and Alaska. $35 beats any price from fed ex or UPS and its same day delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by RonB View Post
        Here in VA, Costco does not carry prime packers - no one does...
        What part of Virginia? If you're in the Hampton Roads area check out Central Meats - http://www.centralmeats.com/content....&contentid=355

Comment

what you need to do is buy your son a smoker and just make it there then you visit him

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here