Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Chuckie or Two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Chuckie or Two

Decided to do two 3 lb chuck roast today. Dry brine for two days then applied pepper, granulated garlic and Montreal steak seasoning. Smoked them on the Lang with oak wood. Took one to IT of 210 F. and the other to 208 just to see if there will be much of a difference. The one that went to 210 was more tender. I did let them sit in the cambro for 2 hrs. Over all they were yummy yummy to my tummy. Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	230614Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	230613Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	230612Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	230611

Nice!!

Comment

Someone called today to cook for a birthday and I mentioned pulled chuck.

Booootiphul pics!!!

Comment

They are lookin' really good.

Comment

Those look droolicious!!!

Comment

That looks awesome. I have been wondering what you would do with chuckies. Now I know. That cheese steak is making me drool. DWCowles how long did the cook take? And what temp. And what did you cook them on?

Comment

• DWCowles
              DWCowles commented
              Editing a comment
              Steve B I cook them on the Lang for 8 hrs with an average pit temp of 250. I normally take the IT temp to 170 before I wrap them but today I decided to let them go to 180.

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              That's good to know. You're using an offset. I have an LSG. After wrapping what was your total cook time. This will help me get a better idea as to how long I can expect my cook may be. Thanks.
              Let's keep the smoke coming.

• DWCowles
              DWCowles commented
              Editing a comment
              Steve B the total cook time for the two 3 lbers was 8 hrs plus two hrs in the cambro, The time will vary due to weight, thickness and temp.

Oh yea...that's the way to do it!!! Congrats on the cook!

Comment

Those look great!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here