Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to traditionally texas a briskett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While not strictly a jalapeno recipe, you can see how it could be easily modified to use them. I happened to have a bunch of Hatch Chilies that I used. P.S. I stole and modified this recipe from the guys at AllthingsBBQ.

I used my expansion rack on WSCGC and cooked the macaroni & cheese 'under' a small brisket flat. Drippings went right into M&C.

Smoked Green Chile Macaroni and Cheese Ingredients

8 oz. elbow macaroni
    3 Cups half & half
    1 Cup milk
    6 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
    6 0z. Hot pepper cheese, grated
    4 oz. Fire roasted green Hatch chilies
    2 tsp. Lawry’s Garlic Salt
    2 tsp. Slap Ya Mama Seasoning
    4 oz. jalapeno bread crumbs
    4 oz. bacon, cooked, diced
    Kosher salt, to taste
    Directions

Preheat grill (low & slow mode) to 250ºF.
    In a half sized steam table food pan, combine the uncooked macaroni, milk, heavy cream, cheeses, green chiles and 1-2 Tbsp. of rub.
    May have to turn up the edges of the foil pan as it will be very full.
    Carefully mix the ingredients with your hands.
    Place the pan in the cooker.
    After 1 hour, stir the ingredients with a spoon. Make sure to get all the way to the bottom of the pan, so it doesn't burn.
    Cook and dice your bacon.
    After the macaroni has cooked for 2-2½ hours you should have a creamy mixture with little standing liquid.
    Add the bacon and give it another good stir.
    Taste and add salt as necessary.
    Sprinkle the bread crumb topping over the pan, and cook an additional 30 minutes, until bread crumb begins to brown and the liquid is bubbling up through the topping.
    The finished product should be creamy, but not runny.

Comment

Ha!! Ureka!! Now I know what to dress up for Halloween. A naked brisket!! Don't know if I should wrap with foil or butcher paper. If it's butcher paper, it'll have to be pink. Wonder if that'll pass when I go trick or treating,when the cops question me? Wait. Does butcher paper leak? Cause ya know I'll be have a few refreshments before I head out. I could hide better in butcher paper than reflective foil when I get chased down the street. Hmmm I think it's money well spent for this site when people give you great ideas. Thanks Meathead and ar

Comment

• Porterdriver
        Porterdriver commented
        Editing a comment
        Another advantage of the aluminum foil is that it keeps the aliens and black helicopters from finding you and reading your thoughts.

Post Oak is the only way to go.

Comment

Naked... lots of naked talk here. My thoughts are never fry bacon naked.

Comment

I think ... if you are a true cook... you must cook bacon as nature intended.

Comment

So I settled on 225 for 6 ish hours. Had an issue because my heat kept going up and down... Still came out great and everyone ate it before I could get pictures lol. Thanks for the help.
            Last edited by frijolefrito; October 7, 2016, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here