Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not Smoked Tri-Tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Smoked Tri-Tip

The wife has decided she doesn't like her beef smoked so I made this tri-tip a little differently.

I had vacuum sealed and frozen it previously (only tied, no rub). It went straight from the freezer into the sous-vide bath at 120F for 3.5 hours. When it was time to eat, I fired up the Weber gasser with GrillGrates to smokin' hot. Removed the meat from the bag, patted dry and sprinkled lightly with Big Bad Beef Rub (my version, with salt and less pepper, see the Rubs section for the recipe). Then onto the Weber flipping every minute for about 6 minutes.

Came out very good! Personally, I like the smoked version better, but we have to keep the wife happy!

Looks tasty. I have found tri-tip to be one of those cuts that you really have to try hard to mess it up--it's just that good!

Comment

Certainly looks good, even without smoke :-)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here