Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime Brisket

Today's ad from Fresh Market has Prime Brisket in a bag for $7.99 while supplies last!

Wow, I'm glad I have Costco close to home. Yesterday's price for prime packers was $2.99. That's up 10 cents from 3 weeks ago.

Comment

In central VA Fresh Market only has flats occasionally.

Comment

Man I wish my Costco would carry prime briskets, all I have found is the point at the Costco near me.

Comment

• Bob Benhardt
          Bob Benhardt commented
          Editing a comment
          Have you spoke with the head of the meat department? Never hurts to ask (or get to know them for that matter)

If it means anything. I talked to the guy who knows the Costco meat guy, so I told him we (great state of VA) need more meat! Tri tip, prime grade meat of any kind at those low prices you all see that never seems to be here. Hehehe what are our chances?

Comment

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          HawkerXP - I asked at one of the Richmond Costcos and was told they might be able to get something they don't stock if I took the whole case.

Uhhhh, I may go RIGHT NOW!! Let me go ask my wife!!

Comment

I just checked it out. They have several left. Only the flats. Largest one they had was just under 6 pounds. I passed on the opportunity. Thx for the heads up though!

Comment

Originally posted by scottranda View Post
            I just checked it out. They have several left. Only the flats. Largest one they had was just under 6 pounds. I passed on the opportunity. Thx for the heads up though!
            Bought a point at Butchers Market a couple days ago. Previously only had flats bought at Publix. Man oh man what a difference! I had been frustrated with brisket...getting food flavor but a bit dry. Wife and I are ecstatic over the result with the point! I know, I know, no pics and it didn't happen. Gotta figure out how to post pics from my phone. Fork tender and juicy!

Comment

Part of the reason why I didn't buy the flat at Fresh Market was because I told myself I would only make the point next. Glad you had success with your point from the Butchers Market!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here