Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

beef ribs over the weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beef ribs over the weekend

So i redid my deck over the summer and finished it fairly recently. it was not in good shape and after taking it apart it was also way under code

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160709_151115[1].jpg
Views:	81
Size:	311.6 KB
ID:	225023

(i ended up adding some nice big tables for the smoker and grill)

Name:	20160901_174819[1].jpg
Views:	81
Size:	270.8 KB
ID:	225024

we are waiting for the wood to properly dry so we can stain or paint it. so i am a bit worried about getting animal juices on the exposed wood right now so i have been putting off smoking anything until it's done. i thought we might be getting close to being able to stain/paint it but it keeps raining so i doubt it is drying out all that quick. i couldn't wait any longer and i had to smoke something.

so i had these beef short ribs that i haven't made in a while and it sure sounded good (plus they aren't too big so they wouldn't likely make too much of a mess).

Name:	20160922_181232[1].jpg
Views:	80
Size:	256.2 KB
ID:	225025

i took the smoker on to the block patio and fired it up. i cooked it for 8 hours between 230 and 270 (the temps creeped up as the day wore on, i was fine with that). i dry brined them for about 18 hours. one of them i put on BBBR and the other one i used weber coffee rub. i think in this case i liked the coffee rub better. i used hickory chunks for smoke.

Name:	20160923_201313[1].jpg
Views:	84
Size:	232.9 KB
ID:	225026

they turned out awesome! i loved how the bones stuck out only on one side and made a meat lollypop. my buddy, who doesn't eat smoked food very often, tried it. he said he thought the outer layer tasted a little like bacon (but his only experience with smoked food is store bought bacon so he associates all smoke flavor with bacon) he had another piece and then had some more, then had some more....i was really pleased with the result.

Beautiful!

Comment

Love beef ribs!!!! Great job!

Comment

Nice! I love BBBR on beef ribs

Comment

Those look awesome! Got me thinking that I need to grab some beef ribs soon

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here