Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The brisket is on...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe its stalling that long. Especially when the sucker is wrapped. Usually when I wrap that cook is done in no time. Something strange is going on here. Especially since a well seasoned vet, like yourself, can't figure it out.

Comment

I have to say that this is the best brisket that I have cook yet. Tender, great bark and great taste. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	145
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	224612

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Steve B y'all switched!

• jlazar
        jlazar commented
        Editing a comment
        That is beautiful. Hope mine turns out looking half that good.

• PaulstheRibList
        PaulstheRibList commented
        Editing a comment
        Super great!!

Great cook! Looks fabulous! Is the flat moister than usual with the injection, or did it evaporate & prolong the stall???

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        The flat was tender and moist. Tha flavor was outstanding. I don't know how the Butcher's injection is mix with water but with beef broth it delicious.
        Last edited by DWCowles; September 25, 2016, 05:35 PM.

• HorseDoctor
        HorseDoctor commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! May have to give it a try... with beef broth of course. ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Yeah I forgot to ask. How do you think the injection preformed?

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        Look at the comment above Spinaker

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Gotcha, I didn't know if you could tell a difference or not. Or if it was the cook itself or the injection that made this such a great Briz. @DWColes

Oh...almost forgot the ribs. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	152
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	224625

Comment

• GadjetGriller
        GadjetGriller commented
        Editing a comment
        Good looking Ribs!!

That's some great looking meat DWCowles .

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks

Very nice cook. Email me a couple slices of that brisket please? You can do multiple attachments cuz I love me some ribs too! Well done sir.

Comment

I couldn't ask for a better day. The meat and sides came out great for the birthday dinner and the timing was spot on. To top it off the Cowboys finally won a game at home. Love it when a plan comes together.

Comment

hope the brisket and Ribs came out as good as the Cowboy game!!

Comment

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh they did

DW, you're either (a) the best PhotoShop artist I've ever encountered or (b) one fine pit artist. My money's on (b) ...

Comment

So what was total time on the smoker? Then how long did you cambro? If you had not added foil to the paper, how much longer do you think it would have taken? Trying to estimate timing when I do my brisket with Butchers and beef broth.

Comment

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry jlazar I don't know how I missed your comment. It took the brisket a total of 12 hrs in the smoker and 2 hrs resting in the cooler.

• jlazar
            jlazar commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks. I know with all the different post and comments, it is easy to miss one. Since I am planning on paper vs foil, I will expect a 13-14 hour cook. Will be using a Yoder YS640 pellet for the first time with brisket. Will be trying several different things. Cooking on top shelf to get away from heat of diffuser plate. Cooking with fat side down since heat in a pellet comes from the bottom.

Wow! Great looking cook DW! Everything looked perfect! I also did some ABTs this weekend w my brisket. I mixed Memphis Dust into the cream cheese, and dusted the bacon with it too and then finished them off with MH's KC sauce after about 3hrs.

Comment

• RickyBobby
            RickyBobby commented
            Editing a comment
            That sounds like a brilliant idea! How did those ABTs turn out with the modifications?

• JCBBQ
            JCBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Really great! Best combo I've made so far.

That looks like it was an amazing meal! Well done! I'm jealous.

Comment

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks

I liked your ribs (photo) and tried to like your brisket (photo) but it said I was not authorized to like it. I promise I will bring my brisket game up to a level allowing me to appreciate it. I can understand, looking at how delicious it looks, that I have a ways to go before I can officially like it. Or, maybe it was a 49er fan v Cowboys fan thing. Anyhow, looks awesome from beginning to end. Thanks for the photos and the story that went with them! Thats what BBQ is all about.

Comment

GREAT looking brisket, DW!!! (And ribs)

Thanks for sharing!

Bones

Comment

• DWCowles
              DWCowles commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here