Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Brisket..... I'm zeroing in! Also, Schmancy Salmon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Brisket..... I'm zeroing in! Also, Schmancy Salmon!

Here it is! I've finally achieved Brisket I will actually share with others!!!!!

I started with a 16 pound Prime packer from Costco. Bigger than I wanted, but it was the smallest one they had when I bought it. I trimmed it and applied sea salt(it was all I had) yesterday afternoon. This morning at about 0230 local, I applied Meathead's BBBR and cranked up the smoker!!!

The brisket went on at about 0340. I smoked it using Hickory primarily and some Cherry later on in the cook when the Salmon went on.

I did not crutch this one. I pulled it off the cooker at around 1640 and put it in the faux cambro to relax for about an hour and a half.

The flat is a touch dry, but not too bad. And it pulls apart beautifully! My wife is raving about the salmon, too!

Thanks to all of the knowledge and information here in the Pit, I have finally found success with my Brisket! Thank you all, I look forward to improving more from here!!!!
    Attached Files

Looking good!

Comment

• RickyBobby
      RickyBobby commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Nice cook. Looks really yummy. What temp were running? My 13.5 pound prime packer took 19 hours last week but the temp was around 215 to 220 for about 4 hours in the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by AZRedneck View Post
      Nice cook. Looks really yummy. What temp were running? My 13.5 pound prime packer took 19 hours last week but the temp was around 215 to 220 for about 4 hours in the beginning.
      I was aiming for 225. Most of the time I was running between 227 and 235. Later in the afternoon when big yellow in the sky finally reached my back yard, I was having a hard time keeping the cooker cool. Never above 250, but for a good couple of hours there, it was all I could do to keep it in the low 240s.

Comment

Makes sense. 250 ain't bad. Lots of folks here cook them that high. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Congrats and a very nice looking brisket.

Comment

• RickyBobby
            RickyBobby commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks!

Beautiful!

Comment

Nice cook... The next one will be easier.👍

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here