Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question in reheating brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question in reheating brisket

I had swrious fire control issues today and after nearly 17 hours my brisket is not yet done, although it's getting close. I plan to rest it in a faux 'bro for a couple of hours and then chill it in the fridge. My question is how to reheat it tomorow foe eating. I know that Jerod Broussard reheats his briskets regularly but don't recall reading how he doea it. Any suggestions?

​​​​

I wrapped the slices in foil loosely after spraying a little beef broth on them and reheat in 250/275 oven.

Comment

Do you slice it hot or after it's chilled, DWCowles ?

Comment

I suppose I could slice it and reheat the slices in a sous vide bath at about 135°

Comment

Dewesq55 I have always sliced it hot but I see no reason why you can't slice it cold. I never thought about the sous vide let me know how it turn out.

Comment

• Dewesq55
            Dewesq55 commented
            Editing a comment
            DWCowles, my thought was only to preserve moisture in the flat by not slicing until ready to eat. That's assuming that there is any moisture there to preserve, however. 😁

Make sure you save the pan drippings to add to the sliced brisket when you serve ~ Ron

Comment

• Dewesq55
            Dewesq55 commented
            Editing a comment
            Good suggestion, RonB . I'd like to think I would have thought of that myself, but one never knows, do one?

Dewesq55 , if it's probe tender wrap it in foil and reheat in the oven at 250 until it hits somewhere around 160 internal, pull it and slice.

If it's not heat at 250 until it's probe tender, drop the oven to warm and let it rest again for a couple hours. If it wasn't fully cooked I'm not sure how resting after the short cook would accomplish anything. But I'm no expert.

Comment

• Dewesq55
            Dewesq55 commented
            Editing a comment
            billg71 I cooked it until probe tender. It was 203° when I pulled it and it carried over to 205°. It is in my faux 'bro where I will leave it for 3 hours. Thanks for your suggestion on the reheat.

• Dewesq55
            Dewesq55 commented
            Editing a comment
            billg71 It wasn't a short cook, rather an excessively long one. I took it to about 180° on the smoker then wrapped and finished in a 250° oven indoors to probe tender/203°

• billg71
            billg71 commented
            Editing a comment
            Then just warm it up, you should be good. Congrats!

I keep whole and wrapped in foil. Reheat until 165 internal.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            Depends on the oven. 250 in a standard oven is 3.5-4 hours. For food safety purposes best to do it quicker than that, even though the smoking process should achieve a 8+Log reduction, but with possible "post-lethality contact" and no "Lm Alternatives" I am aware of, I'd do 300-350.

• Dewesq55
            Dewesq55 commented
            Editing a comment
            Perfect. Thanks. What about sous vide for 4 hours?

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            I've never done it but I'm sure someone has.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here