Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ready for first brisket.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready for first brisket.

I have no problems with butts, ribs, chickens, chuckies, but I've not yet done a full packer brisket. I bought a 12.25 lb choice full packer at Walmart a month or so ago. I wanted to invite the gang over, but other commitments had me freezing the brisket until yesterday. So I trimmed it and applied the dry brine, ( a little light because the Montreal Steak Seasoning I use for rub with beef has salt in it), and back in the fridge. I'll put in the kettle with SnS tomorrow night at around 220*. Friday morning I will decide if I need to raise the temp or not - we plan on eating around 6:30 and I'd like to cambro the beef for a few hours. I'm also thinking I'll crutch around 180* to help retain moisture. I then plan on putting a couple of chickens on the rotisserie around 5:30. My wife is in charge of sides, and the company will probably bring some sides too, as well as adult beverages.

Any suggestions, tips, or encouragement gratefully accepted. I've read so much about cooking briskets here I feel like I'm well prepared, but I guess we'll see...

you'll do fine. just remember to enjoy yourself!

Comment

I don't believe much in retaining moisture in a piece of meat that you're cooking to 200 + internal. I injected a prime brisket flat wrapped it at 160 rested it and because I took it to 203 it was the driest piece of crap on the face of the Earth.

I've had Choice Flats that were more juicy that were taken to 194 internal before they were wrapped.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here