Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A tale of 3 chuckies ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A tale of 3 chuckies ???

I'm prepping three pieces of meat, all labelled as "chuck roast."

Pretty interesting diversity of appearance! Are all three of these really chucks? I am planning on going low and slow and having about 10# of pulled Chuck, but the middle and left come from a butcher who has been known to be less than accurate in labeling. Nothing nefarious to goose margins, just inaccurate.

BTW, I believe the middle and left cuts are from a Dexter. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	217357

You could have a blade roast there on the left. It is from the chuck, but cut differently. Not sure though. Is that a bone in the middle one?

Comment

• HorseDoctor
      HorseDoctor commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree on the "blade". The center looks like a crosscut "arm roast". All look very lean and more like something to braise. Hope they cooked up OK for you.

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      HorseDoctor , I posted picks on the what are you cooking thread. They turned out well! You noted that there was not as much marbling, and you are correct. There was no extra juice, but they are moist enough, just no extra.

Was that Dexter grass fed?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      richinlbrg nah leave the bone

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      TYVM - I'll post picks tomorrow.

• richinlbrg
      richinlbrg commented
      Editing a comment
      Jerod Broussard , the dexter was finished on grain for the last 90 days. Checked with the farmer this morning.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here