Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket #2

So this is my second brisket after deciding to get serious about my bbq again and start practicing.

The stats:
    ~10# after trimming, Costco Prime Case (they're cheap for practice briskets)
    Rub was salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder, ground thyme, rosemary and sage
    Water bath was 1 part apple juice, 2 parts water
    Wood was apple and hickory
    Cook was ~10 hours at 250, no wrapping, sprayed occasionally with half apple juice / apple cider vinegar

After a tweak with my smoker it's good to see that I've still mostly got it! A few tweaks are planned for the next one and I want to change the wood to Oregon White Oak. :-p

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	205.5 KB
ID:	215385Click image for larger version

Name:	image_26543.jpeg
Views:	68
Size:	314.3 KB
ID:	215386
    Last edited by faultytower; August 29, 2016, 06:17 PM.

Looks great! That first pic is making my mouth water, the meat looks so juicy.

Is that a Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling Center you're cooking on, faultytower ? Whatever it is, don't sell it. It looks like a great brisket-making machine to me!

Kathryn

Comment

Wow - super juicy looking brisket!

Comment

Here's the cooker, one of the much maligned (for decent reasons) Kamado K7. I got it before the backstory of the company was public and before they went under.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4006.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	215602

Comment

• CandySueQ
          CandySueQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Love the Pig! Cooker's my favorite color!

• Baker Dan
          Baker Dan commented
          Editing a comment
          Its rather beautiful

that thing is massive! Holy Tiled R2D2! at least with your practiced hand it can cook a decent brisket! Proper!

Comment

That's a great looking brisket. You've definitely got it!

Comment

Great looking color on that brisket. I bet that was killer.

Comment

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
              Great looking color on that brisket. I bet that was killer.
              The general consensus of the night was that "it did not suck".

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here