Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Temp probe for brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temp probe for brisket

I'm doing my 2nd ever briskit this weekend. The first time didn't have a thermometer to measure grill temp. I monitored temp from dial thermometer on top (Weber kettle) I have a dual probe digital thermometer now...my question, where is best place for probe on the grill..thinking brisket itself taking up most of the real estate on indirect side.

Any advise?

On the indirect side between the fire and the Brisket, at grate level (try to keep the probe at least 1 inch from the meat)

Comment

If I have room I like to place it 2-3" from the meat to avoid the cold air bubble.

Comment

I've been laying the probe over the top of the brisket, making sure that the tip (as mentioned above) is at least two inches away from the meat itself.

Comment

vwskirch, I agree with everything the "Brothers" have said so far! I just want to add that I often Ball Up some Aluminum Foil and insert the Probe through the Ball to achieve proper height above the Grill and Clearance from the Meat and Sides of the Smoker!
          Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• vwskirch
            vwskirch commented
            Editing a comment
            I do that with the foil too!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here