Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Six pound Pikes Peak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Six pound Pikes Peak

Cleaned it up a bit. The shiny stuff in the front is just a thin membrane. Same stuff I leave on top brisket flats.

Salted. SV 48 hours at 135. Chill. BBQ. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160810_110902.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	207076 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160810_113945.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	207077

What is a Pikes Peak roast? I'm Jeroding this instead of Googling it.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      It is the lowest roast on the round. Before trimming you can see the muscles slimming down to the shank.

Are you searing it to keep it at med/rare?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      Heck no. I can't eat that much by myself. The first one I did took a while covered to get it tender enough. This way this dude is done by the time bark-30 hits.

OK, so you're cooking it up past, like a chuck?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      Yeah. I didn't shred it, but it was easily fork tender. I'm going to let it ride on the Pit Barrel like I did with the others.

Huskee, Jerod Broussard, Back in the Day "Before You Fellers Were Born" (Mid 60's) in My Folks Meat Market, Your Pikes Peak was called Hamburger!
    🤗😇🤗. Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Ready for the PBC. Little vegetable oil to prevent sticking after a super healthy dose of BBBR 2.0. Target temp- not too hot. Predicted cook time- no freaking clue. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160813_110444.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	208317 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160813_110523.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	208318 .

Comment

What is BBBR 2.0??

Comment

Originally posted by jgjeske1 View Post
          What is BBBR 2.0??
          Well you got me on that. My Google Keep App Karashed and I lost the recipe. But I think I posted it on here somewhere. I hope. "Don't go BBBR 2.0!!!!"

Comment

Found it, sort of. Edit- scroll down to post #9

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...d-beef-rub-2-0
            Last edited by Jerod Broussard; August 13, 2016, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• Thunder77
              Thunder77 commented
              Editing a comment
              Got it. Thanks.

Took her to about 187 internal in about 6 hours. Not quite all pullable but very easily sliced. Added juices collected from the SV phase. Lotta different muscles. You will also notice some white textured meat, Yummy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160813_172048.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	208499

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here