Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Time Separating the Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Time Separating the Brisket

Usually, I would just trim the whole brisket and cook the whole thing. This time I separated the point and cooked both at the same time. 3.5lbs of fat trimmed away from a 12.7lb hunk of meat. Maximum bark on both and much easier come serving timeπŸ‘. Just salt and pepper on these and couple of chunks of pecan for an overnight cook on the WCS.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5195.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	205368 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5212.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	311.6 KB
ID:	205369 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5221.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	275.2 KB
ID:	205370 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5222.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	247.5 KB
ID:	205371 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5226.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	181.6 KB
ID:	205373 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5215.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	319.1 KB
ID:	205375
    Attached Files

Bark awesome! That's a great cook and photo.! Nice lawn too.

Comment

Great cook... I always separate the point from the flat.πŸ‘ Nice backyard! You've got lots of BBQ space if your MCS kicks in.

Comment

• Dr ROK
        Dr ROK commented
        Editing a comment
        Breadhead, my MCS kicked in and I ended picking up a pizza cue yesterday at HD. I'll let ya know how it works out.

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        Damn that MCS... Good thing you have lots of room to build a storage shed in that spacious backyard of yours.πŸ‘

• Fine Swine
        Fine Swine commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, you can't see the 2 car garage and the pool hall in that picture...I will have a picture shooting that direction soon...

Nailed it

Comment

That looks stupendous .... Next packer, I'm actually gonna separate the point and flat so that I can use the point for pastrami. :-)

Comment

Three questions:
          What was cooking time?
          Did you inject the point?
          Did you crutch the point?

Appreciate your response.

Comment

Great looking cook man. And I second Fuzzy, Great looking lawn!!

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here