Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loving my new SnS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loving my new SnS

Today was the second time using my new SnS, and it was great. This time I felt like it was easier to control than my little Weber Smokey Mountain (14"). Maybe because everything is just so much less cramped. I was so excited, though. My second brisket, and it came out amazing. I almost feel sad when I'm done, because then I have to wait a whole week before doing it again. Is there a 12-step group for that? Look at my pretty brisket. I owe it all to my Pitmaster gurus!

Looks great!

Comment

Nice cook on that brisket! There no 12-step rehab program. Everytime they try to start one the instructors have to try out BBQ to know what they have to correct/fix in us crazy BBQ addicts and they get the addiction too. They cancel the program so they have more time to cook BBQ.

Why wait a week? Try Meathead's Steakhouse Steakburgers one day this week. Their great on a Weber with the SnS. That's a quick and easy midweek cook.😆

Comment

• GirlpoweredBBQ
        GirlpoweredBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Hm! I just might. Many thanks!

Yum! What wood have you decided to use?

Comment

• GirlpoweredBBQ
        GirlpoweredBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        I used chunks of cherry. I really liked it. Only thing is that I am not sure how much to use. I used to put wood chips in every half hour for the first two hours. Now I'm not quite sure how to gauge it. Any tips?

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        GirlpoweredBBQ You can get by with 2-3 fist sized (or slightly smaller) chunks for a long cook. I usually use 3.

Also be sure to check out Abcbarbecue.com's chuck roast recipe, all the major bbq meats tailored to the SnS.

That looks great - congrats GirlpoweredBBQ . A chuck roast smoked at 275* only takes 4 or 5 hours. You could even bump the temp up a bit more for an even shorter cook during the week. Just sayin'...

Comment

A whole spatchcocked chicken only takes an hour or so, GirlpoweredBBQ , if you cook it at 325-350 degF. Grill up some corn on the cob while you're at it.

That brisket looks pretty darn yummy. Congrats!

Kathryn
      Last edited by fzxdoc; July 31, 2016, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• GirlpoweredBBQ
        GirlpoweredBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks fzxdoc. Just what I'm looking for. Just curious, do you mop your brisket while it's cooking? If so, does it inhibit bark formation? Is the idea to retain moisture?

• fzxdoc
        fzxdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        GirlpoweredBBQ : I wouldn't think you'd have a need to mop the brisket, since you're using the Sns/Kettle combo. I never mop the brisket; I wait until it's about 180 or so to wrap it in foil without any liquid and take it to probe tenderness somewhere around 195-203. I get great bark that way. I use a PBC but have a brand spankin new Weber Summit Charcoal Grill Center that I'll be doing my next brisket on. More SnS/Kettle/Brisket info: http://www.abcbarbecue.com/brisket

Kathryn
        Last edited by fzxdoc; July 31, 2016, 03:25 PM.

• GirlpoweredBBQ
        GirlpoweredBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Kathryn!

Great looking brisket GirlpoweredBBQ! Ya' did real good!

Comment

• GirlpoweredBBQ
        GirlpoweredBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Yay, thanks! This is so much fun.

Weekday cooks you should master the reverse sear. Steak, chicken, pork chops, burgers, vegetables (asparagus, onions, eggplant, zucchini...) for me the unique power of the SnS is the exact control of bringing the above to near doneness, cranking up the heat, (warp 10) and adding a beautiful crust. It's a magnificent smoker, but what it does that no other can as well is the reverse sear.

Comment

That looks great, GirlpoweredBBQ - good job! Agree with the reverse sear deal for a quick midweek dinner - tried it on a rib eye steak last week as per MH's instructions - probably the best cooked steak I've had 😀

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here