Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rotisserie Brisket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotisserie Brisket?

A friend of mine just called me to brag about a small brisket flat he cooked with his Weber rotisserie. Apparently it turned out good because he was raving about it. It got me to thinking if there was a way to do it with the point. I'm thinking that clearance might be an issue, especially on the bottom but I can rig something up to raise the rotisserie.

Has anyone tried this? Sounds kind of interesting to me.

I haven't tried it, bit I do know that if I'm doing a whole chicken, it's gonna be on the rotisserie. It doesn't get any better for me.

Comment

That is neat. I rotate my briskets a lot when cooking in the PBC to get a good overall bark. Auot-Rotating might alleviate that need.

Comment

I would think it'd be easier to do with a point than a flat.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          Not for me, especially on chopped Select briskets, I need all the flavor help I can get.

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Jerod Broussard I guess I am speaking from a non-brisket-king point of view.

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope, just someone approaching 100 Selects under his leather belt not fit for a king.

Hmmmm. The point of rotisseries is that the meat is alternatively hot, then cool, then hot again. I don't know how hot I want it to get...

Comment

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
          Hmmmm. The point of rotisseries is that the meat is alternatively hot, then cool, then hot again. I don't know how hot I want it to get...
          So what do you think sir, could it be done? The more I think about it the more work I think it'd be, at least on a kettle. I'm thinking no more than 15 lit coals on the coal grate with the meat about 6" or so above them. It'd require constant feeding so it definitely wouldn't be an easy cook. Any thoughts?

Comment

I'd rather set up my MES with a full Amaze-n pellet tray and go to bed.

Comment

I think you are on the right track using the amount of charcoal to control temps. The rotisserie kit for the Weber is not made to be airtight and there are lots of places for air to enter, so the number of lit coals will be the only way to control the temp. I thought about doing a butt this way, but decided I'd have to constantly attend the cook, and I'm not willing to do that. Good luck if you decide to try it, and make sure you have enough beverage of choice to last the whole cook.

Comment

I bet it will be a pain keeping the meat probe lead from getting all wound up on the spit...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here