Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Birthday Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birthday Brisket

Normally we go out for birthdays but my family loves brisket so I fired up the WSM and put one on. I used AR's technique with lower sodium Montreal Steak seasoning. I was a huge hit! Plus I got to have a smoked porter!

Click image for larger version

Name:	brisket_015s.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	19521

Click image for larger version

Name:	brisket_21s.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	19522

Nice lookin brisket! I've never tried the Montreal steak seasoning on a brisket, but y'all have me thinking about it.

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Iron man! The brisket looks awesome.

How's the porter?

Comment

Thanks, Jon! The porter is excellent! It's not smokey in the normal sense but does have a unique flavor to it.

Comment

I still need to try Tony's on a brisket.....nice going!!!!!

Comment

Looks good to me. That looks like one happy beer drinker there.

Comment

Brisket looks very moist, nice.

Comment

My best brisket yet! I had been experimenting with hot-n-fast but after some dry racks of ribs I decided to slow down and pay attention to Meathead's low-n-slow discussions. The WSM settled in around 235 for just about the whole cook and it was the juciest brisket I ever made.

Comment

That looks super delicious.

Comment

Did you let it rest? How long? Looks tremendous!

Comment

Yup, it rested for about an hour and a half, double wrapped in towels in a beer cooler. Still nice and hot when it came out.

The overall cook:

7:45a - start chimney
                      8:15a - meat on
                      1:00p - foil
                      3:30p - cooler
                      5:00p - slice and serve

Comment

Nice looking brisket! I actually use some of the Montreal Steak Seasoning in my Pastrami Rub and it just takes it to a whole nother level!

Comment

Agreed, CD! Me too!

Comment

Originally posted by cdnichol View Post
                            Nice looking brisket! I actually use some of the Montreal Steak Seasoning in my Pastrami Rub and it just takes it to a whole nother level!

Welcome to The Pit CD! You've got a nice collection of grills. I hope you're enjoying the forum and thanks for completing your signature

Comment

Birthday Brisket.. great idea. My wife asked me what I wanted for my birthday yesterday... I told her Brisket! She offed to take me out for brisket I rolled my eyes LOL

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here