Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cowboy steak and twice-baked potatoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cowboy steak and twice-baked potatoes

The pics speak for themselves pretty much.I started the potatoes first on the upper rack of my grill (the old CharGriller Pro). When they were done (probe tender at about 200) I put the dry-brined and seasoned steaks in the smoker (apple wood logs). After scooping, mashing, seasoning and refilling I put the potatoes back on the upper rack of the grill while the steaks came up to 120F IT.

Pulled the steaks out of the smoke at 120F and reverse-seared on the grill. Then I sat down and enjoyed a great dinner while thinking about how jealous some of the rest of y'all will be looking at these pics.

You can see how I made the twice-baked potatoes in the pics.

By the way, I had my daughter do almost all the work under my supervision so she knows how to do it in the future. I'm lazy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160709_174226.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	197.7 KB
ID:	192714 Click image for larger version

Name:	20160709_185415.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	232.3 KB
ID:	192722 Click image for larger version

Name:	20160709_185847.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	192723 Click image for larger version

Views:	100
ID:	192728 Click image for larger version

Name:	20160709_185636.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	194.7 KB
ID:	192724 Click image for larger version

Name:	20160709_190003.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	192725 Click image for larger version

Name:	20160709_190159.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	192726 Click image for larger version

Name:	20160709_191051.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	192727 Click image for larger version

Views:	106
ID:	192729 Click image for larger version

Name:	20160709_174311.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	192715 Click image for larger version

Name:	20160709_175443.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	192716 Click image for larger version

Name:	20160709_175547.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	192717
    Last edited by boftx; July 9, 2016, 10:23 PM.

This looks like a great cook.

Comment

Looks good. I just had a nice round steak with potatoes and creamed corn. Farm raised calf....sooo goood.

Comment

boftx - that's one very nice and tasty looking cook. Wonderful money shots! Congrats and kudos to ya!

Comment

• boftx
          boftx commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks.

Looks great! boftx

Comment

• boftx
          boftx commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! The potatoes were an experiment, never made those before.

Great looking cook, I just didn't hear the dinner bell

Comment

• jharner
          jharner commented
          Editing a comment
          My bad enjoy

• boftx
          boftx commented
          Editing a comment
          Guest thanks. I fed 3 adults, 2 teenagers, and 2 dogs with that. More than happy to have friends from AR join us whenever you come to Vegas. Just give a holler a day two or in advance so I have time to dry-brine the meat.

• jharner
          jharner commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks boftx, have a sister in law in Vegas you never know.

Great cook at boftx ...👌 twice baked spuds are so, so good.👍 It appears to me you wrapped those bones in foil while searing. Otherwise they can get black and less attractive under the high heat.
        Last edited by Breadhead; July 9, 2016, 11:07 PM.

Comment

• boftx
          boftx commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope, thought about wrapping them in foil, but decided to wait and see if they needed it. They never did.

Wouldn't mind giving those a try but sadly ... what happens in Las Vegas stays in Las Vegas.

Comment

• boftx
          boftx commented
          Editing a comment
          No, what happens in Vegas, stays on YouTube forever.

• MBMorgan
          MBMorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          Sad but true. You folks need a new slogan since the interwebs and "social" media screwed up the old one.

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          True and every move you make in Lost Wages is video taped.😡

Beautiful! --Ed

Comment

Those pictures scream delicious! Well done.

Comment

Looks great. Been a long time since I had a grilled steak. Bought some chicken kabobs and some bacon wrapped pork tenderloin skewers at the local HEB yesterday and had planned on charring them over the Weber kettle, but after spending two hours in 100+ temps putting up a porch swing I just didn't have it in me.

Comment

Well those photos are just doggone beautiful. Looks like a great cook. Congrats!

Kathryn

Comment

Looks great! I like to make mine a little taller. Then make potato skin appetizers with the tops. I will have to add Cowboy steaks to my bucket list...

Comment

WOW. Looks amazing. I was going to do some bacon wrapped stuffed chicken cutlets to night. Seeing those pics I might change my mind now. Keep it up

Comment

Oh dang boftx now you got me wanting to scrap the chicken I was going to cook tonight and run to the store for some bone in rib steak.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here