Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holiday brisket report!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holiday brisket report!

Happy 4th of July, with the All American brisket working hard right now! Okay then! Saturday night I trimmed the brisket and separated the point from the flat, and I injected it with Butcher BBQ Prime Brisket Sunday morning. I gave it the BBBR last night, It went over the smoke @ 235* last night at about 11:30PM, and I slept soundly as the fire did it's work. This morning the temperature is holding a steady 235*, the point on the upper rack is at 181* and the flat on the lower rack is at 183*. So far, so good!
    Last edited by Mosca; July 4, 2016, 06:33 AM.

Looking good!

Comment

Looking really good - keep us posted.

Comment

The flat is at 196 and still probing stiffly, but the point at 189 is really getting loose.

Comment

It's a thing of beauty Mosca . Looking forward to the final pics.

Comment

The freakin' point probed like nothing was there; that is going to be beautiful. The flat, parts of it were probing like butter, parts of it were probing like meat. The DigiQ said 203, the Thermapen here and there was anywhere from 203 to 210. I thought "Screw it" and pulled the son of a gun. Who knows, I might have passed it at 190, I didn't start checking until 193.

It's 10:30 and we aren't eating until 4, so everything is going to get a nice long rest anyhow. I'll probably make the burnt ends right before we eat.

Comment

• CeramicChef
              CeramicChef commented
              Editing a comment
              Nicely done! Kudos to you. Can't wait to see the money shots.

I expect that you are going to have an off-the-charts meal today.Woohoo for you! We'll be drooling over your photos tonight!

Comment

That does not look good at all....oh wait, I thought you said you had a couple turkeys on the pit, ma bad.

Rock on man!!!!

Comment

The point, made into burnt ends and right before going back on the heat, and the flat sliced.

Comment

Wow, nice job looks awesome and juicy!👍

Comment

Lookin good!!!! Now relax& enjoy!

Comment

Really looking good. Happy fourth to you

Comment

Great looking stuff! I really like the way you put the Point above the flat! that way any fat that rendered out and dripped right onto the Flat!! Genius!!

Comment

Like GadjetGriller said - great idea putting the point on the top rack. I never tried separating the point from the flat before the cook like that, but after looking at your post I'm gonna have to give it a try. It makes sense as I always make burnt ends out of the point anyway and its more surface for the rub! Good Job!

Comment

• Mosca
                            Mosca commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That worked really well, in fact. The flat is very moist and tender. Also, if you are used to a brisket taking 14+ hours, figure more like 10-11.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here