Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less

Beef Jerky. Tips and Tricks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Nice! I still use the dehydrator for mine, but maybe I do not need to.

• Spinaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr ROK View Post
    Spinaker did you marinade in a vacuum sealed bag or was that just how you packaged the final product?
    That was just how I packaged it. I marinated in a one gallon ziplock. Then you can swish the marinade around in the bag to make sure the flavors are distributed though out the soak.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    replied
    Looks good Spinaker! When I first made jerky I used a dehydrator but have switched to using the Primo. Here's a batch of elk jerky. I'm due to make some more.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6QQkVbyc9SQiaRtZn7VmhR_P6b1iuwWkiek2lAPyxy5ofGYwifvQ8y09TAUUNv3HRj_8TQk8gMWNTw0YZ3_2fOp_s5AIJvwj0n-CgpYHCgwD2vjttxiyp19C3LSLH22f-y5qJc9c3VpVSTlZBfSSHjoakh00-Tv3rvDgzFNI0_7Gz_-zGDDQfuUwepzCJDMPOT1-2EQxbD4losbAcKZqO8Djj2GXlR8ikP7Xi3QGZbJw_FIroGCu4Fxqbtr4SAS
Views:	142
Size:	335.5 KB
ID:	733600

Click image for larger version

Name:	zd--r1LhjACjbDN_nnYoLycdH-lT1vS2m5K5e5NvUBWfmsUQHC8q8e_wyHGPo3Cxp9iesv38nedVLEESuwKXQ38Pp3cMNGQGbw5GkyaQbspxwLzx1ceKKw4gvs6JqPf_RKDCZVcRu4FnIxLaB5v3zQWVjVC2hkkDiMHU76AYw4LRH-TnlEgNTStNwVQVv9j6gcla-NdaRjYoDQfuc9bPKpH7cjGnfIL3AibOEARRpP2jYqhRQrWOGiQOIEiHtWo
Views:	149
Size:	380.3 KB
ID:	733601

Leave a comment:

• Dr ROK
    replied
    Spinaker did you marinade in a vacuum sealed bag or was that just how you packaged the final product?

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    chandlerjorlandi
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you! I was on the water for 7 days sans internet!

I have made this on the KBQ and it is great. Just make sure you don't never shoot 165 F or you will have shoe leather jerky. Make sure there is ample space between pieces and that pieces are not overlapping. In the KBQ, you can pack a ton of jerky in there, just be vigilant and use your instant read to monitor the meat temp and you will be good to go. I use clean and dirty smoke to lay it on thick because you really don't have a ton of time in the smoke.

Leave a comment:

• chandlerjorlandi
    commented on 's reply
    Spinaker I believe you have a KBQ? Have you tried this recipe on it? If so, any cooking tips/suggestions adapted to that pit?

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    See above! Tim E

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    I don't have a pellet grill. But it takes about an hour in a Kamado. I would guess it would be a little faster in a pellet rig, because of the increased airflow. Smoking joe

• Smoking joe
    commented on 's reply
    How long does it take on your pellet grill

• Powersmoke_80
    commented on 's reply
    Spinaker Thanks brother, I agree. I have not met anybody that does not like it.

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Almost time to head back up to AK! Getting this ready tonight! Thanks again brother! Best Jerky recipe on the planet!

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    This is a great recipe. It has become my go too!!!! Thanks again

• SlushDeezey
    commented on 's reply
    All I've ever used is brisket flat. I buy it at HEB and get the butcher to slice it 1/4" thick with the grain. Bring it home and trim all the fat off then use one of the jerky kits from Academy.

• Tim E
    replied
    Nice! I am going to give it a go! I've got some round roasts thawing from the freezer now..
    Thanks for posting Spinaker, and looking forward to trying your recipe Powersmoke_80

Leave a comment:

• Powersmoke_80
    commented on 's reply
    Glad to hear you liked it, did you compare it to any others? I like the adding ginger idea.
    A buddy at fish camp uses Mr Yoshidas marinade mixed with a commercial jerky mix and it had great flavor so I am going to replace the soy sauce with it and try it next time. http://www.samsclub.com/sams/mr-yosh...6-oz/163400.ip

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}