Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this?

It's advertised as a whole brisket, but it looks like part has been cut off. What do you think is left? My guess is that part of the flat has been removed, but it is not very thick, so I'm not sure. BTW - this is the best price I have seen locally for choice.
    Thanx... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160619_123901690[1].jpg
Views:	63
Size:	246.4 KB
ID:	184362

Let me preface with, I'm no Butcher, buuuuuuut......Looks like a point to me.

$6.99 a pound is about what we get locally for choice flats at Costco. $6.99/lb. That being said, I can pick up a whole packer, Prime, @ $2.99/lb. I know you have triming to do and your paying for fat at that price and cut, but you also gain a flat AND a point. No brainer in my eyes.

Sorry I got a bit off track.
    RonB

Comment

I agree with Spinaker with all the fat that can be seen I to believe that it is a point. But it may be folded over? Maybe?? I have not looked lately but Choice a my Costco last time I was there was 2.99 a pound. but we are into cook out season so prices may have shot up (Greedy stores lol) that one looks like it may have been trimmed a little but if it is the best price seems like a good choice!! (<---- see what I did there a good choice for choice brisket?? ...sound of crickets... well I thought it was funny)

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        I laughed

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        And I smiled...

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here