Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice on Bottom Round and more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, what a great-looking cook. Hope you had lots of folks to feed.

On the shot with the filled smoker, that little bolt/wing nut on the top of your stack looks like a BBQ angel perched up there.

Now I know that a Kobe bottom round can be pulled. Thanks for posting those great photos, SoonerBQuer .

Kathryn

Comment

• SoonerBQuer
      SoonerBQuer commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotta have an angel to watch over the cook. We do have a few folks to feed today and of course my generous neighbor! A lot of it will go towards lunch and dinner this week.

Great job! Whodathunk a bottom round would cook up that juicy? Thanks for the info.

Comment

• SoonerBQuer
      SoonerBQuer commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. A less marbled grade might not have done so well. It's also quite humid in my rig, so surely helped. I think this a great option for those who don't prefer the extra fatty richness of brisket and chuck.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      I too missed the Kobe part, hence my above comments. Regular grocery store round wouldn't be too wise to try that. SoonerBQuer

• SoonerBQuer
      SoonerBQuer commented
      Editing a comment
      Guest Judging by the end results and the care I took to keep is moist, it would certainly be a bit of a chance even with a higher grade cut but i certainly agree, regular grocery round wouldn't be ideal and likely dry out.
      Last edited by SoonerBQuer; June 11, 2016, 04:21 AM.

SoonerBQuer what time is lunch today? What a great looking cook. Bottom round. Who would have thunk it? Wow.
    Last edited by HouseHomey; June 11, 2016, 03:29 AM. Reason: Ooops

Comment

Lunch is 3 rack baby backs, half Memphis Dust and half Korintje Seasoning (https://www.heb.com/product-detail/a...ork-rub/914286). We'll also have the smoked jalapeno margaritas. I expect lunch won't be till 1-2 .

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerBQuer View Post
        We'll also have the smoked jalapeno margaritas.
        I wondered what those jalapenos, lined up like little soldiers on your smoker, were for. Now I'm not only hungry but thirsty as well. Enjoy all that great food all week long!

Kathryn

Comment

Final pics I promise, lol. At least for this cook. Smoked hickory chips and jalapeños in an agave simple syrup. Spicy, sweet and a little smokey! Both flavors of baby backs had good reviews. Little buddy enjoyed the pool after.
          Attached Files

Comment

• CeramicChef
            CeramicChef commented
            Editing a comment
            Now we're talking! Great Que and even better smile on that son of yours. Enjoy your kids while you have them because they are all too soon grown and out the door!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here