Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket: 8 hrs at 250, Prob at 208, but still not probe tender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket: 8 hrs at 250, Prob at 208, but still not probe tender?

In the midst of all the construction work and then traveling, we are managing to do a little cooking here and there.

I have given away several "Ribs for 50" parties to be auctioned at various charities. Today, my kid's pediatrician is the buyer of the auction item, and thus the receiver of BBQ Love!

18 racks of St. Louis Cut Spareribs
    Big rack of Meathead's BBQ Bourbon Beans (without the bourbon)
    And 3 Briskets (we're expecting 70 or so people, we added the briskets

Put the briskets on last night at 10 pm in #WhoDat1, big insulated cabinet gravity-fed cooker, with KBB and Hickory chunks.

First 2 hours at 210, then up to 240/260.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9312.JPG
Views:	546
Size:	208.2 KB
ID:	176194
    5:20, the smallest brisket (im thinking 10 pounds) was probing 208/210, but not quite probe tender?? We've been overcooking them lately before wrapping, so I pulled it, and wrapped all 3. Left the other two on for a couple more hours. Then pulled them, sort of the same - at 200ish but not quite probe tender.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9313.JPG
Views:	429
Size:	235.0 KB
ID:	176195 The only real estate I had in the cooker was the very top rack, so I put the remaining 2 briskets in there for another couple horus. Then I got worried that the larger one was touching the top of the cooker, and that may mess up the bark there.

I had already fired up the CVAP Warmer, so I turned it up full tilt, and put the 2 almost done briskets in there. It will head to 212, right before water boiling. So, they are going to have about 4 hours in there to soak in some more heat in a nice, moist environment.

I don't remember getting a high-temp like that and not getting tender? The brisket was in there for only around 8 hours, and temp's around 250?

I'll let you know how they slice - Pray for Tender!

Select, Choice, or Prime?

Comment

You'll get tender, for sure, PaulstheRibList ! For all the good deeds you do, the BBQ gods have just got to smile on you!

Sounds like it's going to be a great supper for everyone.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here