Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It upset my wife, but this was too good to pass up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It upset my wife, but this was too good to pass up

Got a 12lb packer for only $31. Here's how it went after only a 6hr dry brine and a cook that started at midnight. Pics are at the start, 5 hours in, 12 hours in (when I cut off the burnt ends and boated it), burnt ends when I pulled it off at 16 hours, and the final product at 18 hours.

Oh, traditional sides: potato salad, mac salad, slaw, beans, and sweet corn on the cob.

Leftovers will go for sammies, burritos, and possibly chili. Three days worth of meals at least.
    Last edited by boftx; May 29, 2016, 08:43 PM.

Yum Yum Den Sum!

Comment

Looks mighty good to me.

Comment

Nice! Damn nice!

Comment

Well worth an upset wife!

Comment

Great pix of a great cook. The wife will get over it.

Comment

Looking Good!

Comment

Those are some beautiful slices boftx my first brisket of the year is in the freezer waiting on 4th of July

Comment

So WHY was the wife upset??

Comment

• boftx
                    boftx commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Spending money on food after she had planned next week's menu.

Nice... Very nice.👍 You done good boy!

Women are from Mars... The BBQ is in the backyard. That's our man cave. A Martian will never fully understand how we Pit Masters think.🤔 They shrug their shoulders and say men...??? Then after dinner is served you're not such a bad guy after all.😎

Comment

Breadhead, I think your brain must be muddled after all that good food earlier! We're from Mars, women are from Venus. Still, the rest of your explanation holds true! 😜😜

Comment

• boftx
                      boftx commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Lol!

• MBMorgan
                      MBMorgan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The ones from Mars are WAY more dangerous.

Thunder77 ...

I stand corrected... I never read that book. I just kind of thought the whole idea was goofy. Women are smarter than men in different ways/areas.

My most valued employee in my 40 years in the furniture manufacturing business was a woman I hired from a temp service that I eventually gave her a portion of my business to keep her involved. Now she is the VP of sales for one of the largest Upholstery manufactures in America. She and I used to disagree a lot but... Collectively we usually came to the right decisions.

Some Pit Members know exactly who I'm talking about... Because they work for her.😎 I won't name names.

Comment

• Thunder77
                      Thunder77 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Breadhead, I never read the book, either. I just wanted to give you a hard time. :-P
                      We all have our different talents. I leave all the organizing to my wife, because she is good at it, and I am hopeless. I am a technical person by trade, and things I find easy to troubleshoot are a mystery to her.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here