Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stuffed peppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuffed peppers

I asked my wife what she would like for dinner and she said stuffed peppers would be nice. I was going to cook them in the oven because of the rain, but it cleared up and the forecast looked good by early afternoon, so I fired up the Weber. They turned out very well with a nice smokey taste. My wife pronounced them good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A07Y3801.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	225.6 KB
ID:	171762 Click image for larger version

Name:	A07Y3806.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	248.6 KB
ID:	171763

Looks great! I'm now hungry for stuffed peppers. Good job.

Comment

If the wife pronounces them good, well...

Comment

Wow! Tomato heaven!

Comment

Beautiful color on those peppers. Very nice indeed!

As for your Bride, I'll just say happy wife, happy life ...

Comment

They look fantastic!

Comment

RonB, Ditto What the Others Have Said! 👍👍👍👍👍. Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Nice - they look great. Would you mind throwing out your recipe to the masses?

Comment

Bob's BBQ - Both my parents were very good cooks, but neither used recipes in everyday cooking, so I just throw stuff together and maybe have a taste or two to make adjustments. Here's what I did though, (and I don't normally do it the same way twice) - you can adjust amounts to suit your taste:

2 large green peppers - can use anchos or other peppers, or a variety - make sure you buy enough to use all the beef.
                  1 pkg ground beef - this one was 1.3 lbs
                  Seasoning for beef - can be a rub or sauce you like, or even chili powder, or none at all - I used oregano and chili powder plus salt and pepper
                  1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
                  onion - about 1/2 of a medium onion plus a little red onion I found in the refrigerator
                  vegi oil - enough oil with a pat or two of butter melted in to saute the onions and garlic
                  butter - see above
                  4 lg cloves garlic (divided) - finely minced - more or less to suit your taste
                  salt and pepper to taste
                  oregano, (or italian seasoning, or both) a few good shakes - a little heavier than the amount of salt I would shake on food on my plate
                  crushed red pepper - about 1/4 tsp - more or less depending on how hot you like it
                  chili powder - 1/2 tsp - again more or less depending on your taste

Please note: we don't like fillers in the beef, but if you want to add rice, or bread crumbs, or mashed potatoes, or anything else, go ahead.

Place the tomatoes, half the garlic, oregano, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper, and seasonings in a small pot and heat to meld the flavors - you don't have to cook it, so 15 -20 min on low heat is plenty.
                  Place the beef in a large bowl and add salt and pepper to taste - I normally just shake it on like I would if I was going to eat it.
                  Saute the onions and half the garlic until tender and add to the beef.
                  Add any seasoning to beef if using.
                  Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove membranes and seeds.
                  Place a large spoonful of sauce in the bottom of each pepper half and enough beef mixture in each half to have the top rounded.
                  Pour the rest of the sauce over the prepared peppers and bake until desired doneness is reached. I took these to 150* for safety although I would prefer a lower temp. It took about 45 min and the Weber ran around 400*.

I've read over this 4 or 5 times but if anything doesn't makes sense, or you have any questions, let me know.
                  Last edited by RonB; May 24, 2016, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• Bob's BBQ
                    Bob's BBQ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Ron - Sounds great, I'm going to give it a try.

• RonB
                    RonB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I forgot to mention that I have subbed salsa for the crushed tomatoes and seasonings. (We like Clint's Salsa.) That was very tasty too. If that sounds good to you, you might want to add a little more chili seasoning to the beef. And you could add a little cheese towards the end too.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here