Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry brining & injecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry brining & injecting

If you are using a dry brine on beef should you leave the salt out of the injection or just cut the amount down, like maybe 1/2 the regular amount, & when do you inject?
    Thanks in advance for any recommendations, Dave

From what I have read on AR you have to be careful when you dry brine and inject. Meathead says if you are going to inject (brisket) and dry brine you should use broth. I have injected with beef broth and dry bribed and I did not notice it being too salty. Dry brine is adding salt. The salt stay and adds moisture.

Comment

I wouldn't bother injecting if you're not including salt.

Comment

I second this clown ^^^^^^^

Comment

Smoking my first brisket this weekend! I plan on injecting with a salty beef broth, using the Big Bad Beef Rub, and skipping the dry brine. Injecting will be done about 12 hours prior to putting meet on smoker. Not sure if I will be separating point from flat or where I will insert probe. So much to think about...! Just need to do it, keep notes, and repeat...!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            Good luck!

• Darchie03
            Darchie03 commented
            Editing a comment
            Let us know what you decide & how it comes out, I'm not brave enough to try A brisket yet. GOOD LUCK.
            Dave

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here