Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No love at my local Costco.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No love at my local Costco.

While in the local, (Midlothian VA), Costco I spoke with a butcher about brisket. They never carry packer briskets at all. All they carry are choice flats. If I want either packers or flats, they might be able to get it if I order a whole case. That ain't gonna happen.

Do you have a "Business" Costco nearby? They usually carry all the packer meats, and you don't have to buy a case! I'm pretty lucky...I have two consumer and one business Costco within 15 minutes of my home...

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to The Pit Q_Man!

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome aboard (Q_Man)!

Originally posted by Q_Man View Post
    Do you have a "Business" Costco nearby? They usually carry all the packer meats, and you don't have to buy a case! I'm pretty lucky...I have two consumer and one business Costco within 15 minutes of my home...

Thanx. I don't think there is a business Costco in my area, but the is a second location across town, so I may have to gcheck them out.

Comment

I didn't know there was so much variation at Costco, and had no idea there were "Business" stores either. I'm sure they're crunching numbers to decide how to set up the stores, and what to keep in stock. Regardless, I would think if you requested something they wouldn't have to make you order an entire case. Surely someone would buy the other cuts from the case.

Comment

They also have Business Costcos. Just business supplies. I just learned about that a couple months ago. Not sure how many of them there are, but they do exist.

Comment

Same w Costco in NJ. I can order a full packer from my butcher but it cost $6.99/lb, so it's not really worth it. I have discovered that Restaurant Depot will give you 1 day passes if you are a KCBS member. My membership packet is in the mail so I will be testing that theory next week (hopefully). I'm pretty sure my butcher gets them from there at $3.99/lb. Check to see if you have RD in your area, and I'll let you know how I make out.

Comment

There are advantages living in the big city.👍
            Attached Files

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
              fuzzydaddy commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice price too!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here