Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time Petit Tender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time Petit Tender

I decided to try something different today. The local grocery called the package a Bottom Blade Petit Tender Whole and it came from Canadian AA beef which is the equivalent to US Select. At first I wanted to slow cook them with some hickory and reverse sear like I do tritip but the wife notified me after they were already on the grill that they needed to be done in a hurry so I had to shift them over to the hot side. Internal temp was only 70 F. I would have liked them to reach 110 F internal before moving them but over all they turned out pretty good! As you can tell, they're very juicy I brought them in when internal temp reached 125 F and cut them up without resting. 4 minutes a side.

They were salted in the morning before leaving for work and put them in the fridge until I got home. Before lighting the charcoal I seasoned them with some of my own rub and oil that was left over from a few days ago.

Looks really good to me, just the doneness I like.

Comment

• cdd315
      cdd315 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks John, wasn't my best cook but still turned out OK. I'm really liking the Weber!

Now that's just beautiful beef right there. Mouth watering :-)

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear you, brother.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      I've done that with round roasts...it's excellent! Try the board sauce with it, if you like herbs it's amazing with the meat.

• cdd315
      cdd315 commented
      Editing a comment
      I considered a board sauce, but like I mentioned above I was short for time

Good looking beef my friend. You let your wife touch your grill? LOL

Comment

• cdd315
      cdd315 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Bob! I don't have to worry to much about her touching the grill, when it comes to charcoal and bbq she knows to stand back

• Papa Bob
      Papa Bob commented
      Editing a comment
      very cool just playing, we know that I am the boss in my family, AND MY WFE SAYS I CAN SAY THAT!!!!

• cdd315
      cdd315 commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear ya

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here