Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US wagyu NY strip - confirming way to do it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US wagyu NY strip - confirming way to do it

Hey pards! Gonna get some 12oz Wagyu NY strips today (shipment arrival). Would like to do them on The Good-One Open Range. My thought is to go low-n-slow at 250°f on the smoker side until the internal is about 110°f and then transfer to the firebox side /open lid/ cast iron skillet and quickly sear about one minute each side. I imagine these steaks will be about an inch thick and want to do the low-n-slow to render all that marbled fat....sound good?

~Gunsmokers~

Watch 'em close and have a really hot sear, 1" is pretty thin for reverse sear if you are looking for a wall-to-wall doneness of your choice.

I was eyeing those little Wagyu filets from the ribeye and NY strip over at SRF's.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
      Watch 'em close and have a really hot sear, 1" is pretty thin for reverse sear if you are looking for a wall-to-wall doneness of your choice.

I was eyeing those little Wagyu filets from the ribeye and NY strip over at SRF's.
      Thanks!

Probably will have a 'half'-sear

but yes, will have the probe in one of 'em to make sure 'overall' temp doesn't get over 130-135°f. Just wanna make sure the fat has time to render. I have had good results (and prices) with this company on the USDA Prime offering so I am trying thier Wagyu product. Will posts pics of course http://fairwaypacking.com/shop/wagyu.html

~Gunsmokers~
      Last edited by Gunsmokers; May 6, 2016, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here