Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

London Broil on a Weber Summit Charcoal grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London Broil on a Weber Summit Charcoal grill

Thanks to Max Good's detailed review of the WSCG which identified some "quirks" I could avoid and benefits I could take advantage of, I put WSCG to good use yesterday by grilling a London Broil. Pictures of the time&recipe sheet I made up (a ritual I follow so I don't forget steps, tasks, what else I'm supposed to do, or what I'm doing next) and of the finished product are attached. The recipe is based on Cooks Illustrated's "20th Anniversary All-Time Best Grilling" pp. 74-76 but contains a few modifications. The CI approach does indeed help one avoid the metallic/liver taste AND the end curling that London Broils sometimes develop. I've used the approach several times with good results. I've never tried a reverse sear with it. If you do before I do, let me know how it works.

Ambient temp - 60F. Prep time - 5 hours (about 1/2 hr of work in three 10-minute chunks, the meat sits the rest of the time). Cook time - 1/2 hour on a two-zone fire; I used KB. The WSCG two levels for coals made this SO MUCH EASIER AND ANGUISH-FREE than regular kettle cooking; obviously, I used the grill level. The time sheet in the picture includes notes on why the meat is sitting. ALL FOUR pics do have little blurbs under them so you know what you are looking at.

PS - I love the additional cooking space AND those little bottom vent semicircle cutouts on the WSCG. The soft seal between the kettle and the dome is appreciated, too.

Wow, that looks delicious!

Comment

• Harry
      Harry commented
      Editing a comment
      Leftovers were "steak and eggs" this AM. Done on the stove. Still have enough for a sandwich unless I have to share. (smile)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here