Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday is Chuck Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday is Chuck Day!

Dry-brined and rubbed her down with BBBR. We're out of onion powder. I used chili powder, instead of ancho, and chipotle and added a dash of cumin. The SnS hit 230 at 7:30am. I've smoked a lot of meats but, (I may be bordering on blasphemy here), we like pulled beef, more than pulled pork.
    Last edited by Skinsfan1311; April 17, 2016, 06:30 AM. Reason: Gettin' the hang of posting from a phone!

Done. 10 1/2 hr cook. Pulled at 207°, rested for an hour in a faux cambro and pulled. It turned out great

Comment

Nice. We had chuck too. I cooked one for the sister-in-law. Chuck is off the chain!

Comment

Originally posted by Skinsfan1311 View Post
        I've smoked a lot of meats but, (I may be bordering on blasphemy here), we like pulled beef, more than pulled pork.
        I'm with ya. Pulled beef is plain hard to beat. Pork takes second place to it in my book too.

Comment

I'm partial to pulled pork only because it's much cheaper per pound.

I had a "duh" moment when I typed this - guess I wasn't awake yet. It should have read: I'm partial to pulled pork "and" it's much cheaper per pound", instead of "only because". The evidence is that I've cooked 36 butts in the past year or so, mostly for my family, and only a couple of chuckies. We like chuckies, but the butts are so popular than when family is around they start eating them as soon as I pull them out of my faux cambro!
          Last edited by fuzzydaddy; April 18, 2016, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
            LA Pork Butt commented
            Editing a comment
            As you might guess, for me it is taste and price.

• gcdmd
            gcdmd commented
            Editing a comment
            Pork is great for grillades or carne guisada, too.

We like pulled beef but we favor the pulled pork the best because it's cheap and GUUUUUD!

Comment

Somewhere on the forums I saw a mention of chuck "eyes". My local grocery store has chuck "tenders' on sale. Is that the same thing?

Comment

Dude, I think this might be the weekend that I do a chuckie. I have yet to do one yet. Not sure why either. Maybe I've just been to aught up in that brisket game to look into anything else.

Comment

• Craigar
                Craigar commented
                Editing a comment
                You won't be disappointed.

Smoking my first chuck roast Saturday night! I will be using my ThermaQ to monitor temps. I have never smoked one before but they were on sale for 1.99/lb so I couldn't pass it up. Has anyone ever smoked one for slicing instead of pulling? any luck? Tender. I know pulled will be tender but I'm wondering if I can smoke it to were I can slice like brisket and it will be juicy and tender?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here