Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wrapping Brisket - Butcher Paper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrapping Brisket - Butcher Paper

I hope this isn't a stupid question. When wrapping brisket in butcher paper, can it be white paper? In all the examples I've seen, it's always been the peach one.
    Thanks

i think the pink stuff is the unwaxed paper. the white ones have that wax coating which you don't want

Comment

I use the white. It has no wax on it. 18" wide, 1,000' long roll. Bought it at Sam's Club.

Comment

Just make sure no wax coating. The brisket is color blind.

Comment

I've tried wrapping briskets and it's just not my thing. Be sure you want to wrap for the right reasons before you grab a roll of paper.

Enjoy!

Comment

• Mosca
            Mosca commented
            Editing a comment
            It's cheap. If you have young kids or grandkids, get the white unwaxed, and if you don't like the results here's a big roll of paper for coloring on!

"Butcher paper" has no wax. "Freezer paper" does and is what you do NOT want. Your local butcher may even give you enough to try one before you buy a roll. Or as Mosca said, it makes great "art" paper for kids (of all ages ) Good luck.

Comment

I am wondering if parchment might work the same. Thoughts or experience?

Comment

• HorseDoctor
              HorseDoctor commented
              Editing a comment
              Probably work OK, but never seen parchment in a size large enough to be very handy to wrap a brisket.

• RonB
              RonB commented
              Editing a comment
              Most parchment these days is silicon impregnated. I don't know what that would do to a brisket..

Whenever i buy a brisket i just ask my butcher for 2 long strips of paper for wrapping so I dont need to buy a large roll.

Comment

• Craigar
              Craigar commented
              Editing a comment
              Brilliant!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here