Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good thing this chuck is 4 the family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good thing this chuck is 4 the family

We like it. But I sure wouldn't want to do this when cooking for someone else.

Admittedly I don't neglect the pit when cooking for others, but looking back I could have at the very least set the Maverick food temp alarm for 185 and set the BBQ alarms with values that would never been attained. I was so ticked by that point thinking straight was not an option.

Linear Summary:
    1. Low BBQ alarm kept waking me up
    2. Last time I checked I realized the Auber temp was bugging out and jumping all over
    3. Unplugged Auber, turned off alarms, set vent to about 3.0 went to bed for good
    4. Wake up to a 318 pit temp and a chuck roast that is 217 internal, yes 217.

Some edges are a little too jerkified, other than that the pepper tastes kicks some serious tail and is goooooood!!
    Attached Files

The nice thing about BBQ even your less than perfect cooks taste pretty damn good.👍

Comment

• Tim E
      Tim E commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed!

• CeramicChef
      CeramicChef commented
      Editing a comment
      Amen!

Looks like a good ol' batch of burnt ends to me.

Comment

Yeah, my oldest step-daughter came outside, "Jerod, I don't know how you cooked that chuck roast, but you need to cook it that way every time."

Comment

• CeramicChef
        CeramicChef commented
        Editing a comment
        If the family is happy, what else matters, right?

Nothing better the Meat candy

Comment

Jerod Broussard, Nice Smoke Ring Jerod! 👍👍😇👍👍. From Fargo, Dan

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          Since I dump HOT coals I let the kettle warm up with the cold meat in the pit.

Great cook. I'd take chuck roast like that any day. Way to go!

Comment

That looked edible to me. I am doing one tomorrow.

Comment

Dumping those coals into a smoke n sear, smokenator, or something else?

Comment

Jerod Broussard What all did you rub on the chuck what internal temp were you gunning for?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
              Jerod Broussard commented
              Editing a comment
              I am pretty sure it was dry brined then BBBR 2.0'd. I wanted to get it to 205-210 internal, then hold it for at least 2-3 hours.
              Last edited by Jerod Broussard; April 22, 2016, 11:16 AM.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here