Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Meatloaf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ Meatloaf

After reading "bbqoaf's" post and watching the finals of the world food championships in Las Vegas where one of the competitors made a bbq meatloaf, I decided to give a meatloaf on the smoker a try.

I decided on one of Emeril's recipes I found on-line and made a few changes. Where Emeril added his BAM!!!! rub, I of course had to go with MH's Memphis Dust and I decided on making a bacon weave and wrapping the loaf as the competitor made in the finals of the WFC. I also cooked on a cedar plank...more for ease than flavor. And smoked for 2 hours with apple wood chunks.

The final results were amazing... as in Amazing Ribs....wait....I mean Amazing Meatloaf!!! Can you imagine if the site was called amazing meatloaf....we would still be burning unappealing chunks of flesh that no one would eat.

To add to the meal I cooked some Naan (Indian bread) on the grill
    Last edited by Mal Passado; September 3, 2014, 01:05 PM.

Awesome!!

Meatloaf was the first thing I smoked on my cheap offset. We got hooked FAST.

Comment

I made meatloaf the other day, but did it in my small oven this time. Last time I did it on the smoker. I posted it in the "regular" side before we had the pit. Link below. If anyone wants the recipe, let me know.

Comment

That meat loaf looks good Mal. Oh and I'll take a 1/2 a dozen Naan's to go please.

Comment

• Mal Passado
          Mal Passado commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes the Naan was good too. My children actually preferred the bread to the meatloaf. I will make homemade pita this weekend on the grill and fajitas. We stuff the pitas with the meat in place of the tortilla.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here