Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime grade beef short ribs from Costco...👌

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime grade beef short ribs from Costco...👌

I went to Costco today in Torrance, Ca and saw something in the meat department I've never seen at any Costco store ever. Over where they normally have a separate display of fresh seafood like crab legs, prawns, jumbo shrimp and large scallops that they sell by the pound, they set up a butcher display case that they were selling ONLY USDA Prime beef. They had Ribeye's, tenderloin, prime rib roasts, New York steaks everything including Prime grade short ribs.😆😆😆 I didn't have a camera with me or I would have taken a picture of it. It was a beautiful display.

I bought some of the Prime bone-in short ribs simply because I've never seen prime grade short ribs. They were $7.49 per pound. I bought 5 big beautiful short ribs that have lots of marbling. These are going to be a fun cook and a great dinner.😆
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Breadhead; March 26, 2016, 03:19 PM.

I LOVE Bone-In Beef Short Ribs!!!!! They make the favorite bites I have ever taken. Enjoy!

Comment

Awesome! I have heard costco will sneak in some prime beef on occasion. Makes me want a membership even though i have a sams allready. But i scrolled down to be disappointed to not see your finished product.

Comment

Nice! The kettle + SnS loves short ribs! And from what I hear so does the Anova!

Comment

Loudside30 ... I still haven't cooked those short ribs yet.

I bought lots of different meat that day and I had to put these shorties in the freezer. I'll post a picture of them when I cook them. I'm going to sous vide them overnight before I smoke them.

The Costco in Torrance, Ca always has Prime grade beef available.

Comment

Are those babies bone in?

Comment

• Breadhead
              Breadhead commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes they are bone in.

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow, I wish I could get those at my costco.

• Breadhead
              Breadhead commented
              Editing a comment
              It's the first time I've ever seen Prime grade bone in shorties anywhere. I had to buy them.👍

I picked up some Prime plate ribs today at a Lowry Hill Meats in Minneapolis. $8/lb. The guy there was a good dude and was willing to cut it custom for me. These are not exactly what i was looking for, but its as close as I am gonna get up here. These are actually the bones closer to the main body of the animal, the rest of the ribs had been cut for short ribs. But this is pretty close to what I want. I can't wait to Karubeque the hell out of these suckers.4 1/2 pounds total. Really looking forward to this cook.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0055.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	153147 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0056.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	153146
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Spinaker; April 1, 2016, 02:14 PM.

Comment

• Breadhead
              Breadhead commented
              Editing a comment
              My, my, my... Those Look fantastic. When's dinner?

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Sunday my man. I will be post a plethora of pictures from this cook. Imagine how those are gonna look after 8 hours in the KBQ. I can't wait to see the color and flavor I get outta these. Thanks for the kind words my friend. Breadhead

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here