Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odd ball brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tis beautiful! What did you cook it on? The smoke ring is pretty impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzydaddy View Post
      Tis beautiful! What did you cook it on? The smoke ring is pretty impressive.
      Thank you, it was a pellet grill.

Comment

Hi all. I just joined and have been reading through posts. Did you notice any difference wrapping in paper vs. foil?
        Thanx,
        Ron

Comment

Proper job CoryS ! Half of the fun with Brisket is... you don't know when fate will throw you an odd ball and you have to react on the fly to the conditions you are presented with. Improvise, adapt and overcome!

Comment

Originally posted by RonB View Post
            Hi all. I just joined and have been reading through posts. Did you notice any difference wrapping in paper vs. foil?
            Thanx,
            Ron
            Yeah it had a much harder bark, and was more smokey tasting. Not much different from not wrapping art all as far as I can tell.

Comment

Beautiful Brisket CoryS! I've dabbled with paper wrapping and always found it takes longer to get done than wrapping in foil. Does make a difference in the bark!

Comment

Some good info on wrappingbrisket from Franklin & Markus at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnRR...&nohtml5=False

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here