Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time..

my first brisket.. should I skip the crutch or go with it

I say go with it. Follow Meathead's brisket article as precisely as you can. The point can easily handle no wrap, but the most common practice with many is to wrap, they really benefit from the faux cambro hold anyway.

Comment

OK will do .. following his method so far so I will continue.

Thanks for the advice

Comment

basaunders One minor tweak, unless you're strapped for time, waiting until after the stall to wrap it gives a much better bark. Meathead's article instructs wrapping at 150 to power through the stall. If you like that black bark though, wait until after the stall, I and a couple others tend to prefer the ~180 IT zone.

Comment

• basaunders
          basaunders commented
          Editing a comment
          OK will keep it it in mind, wrapped at 167 degrees and only took about 4 hours to get there at about 240 . had a nice bark. Is now in the beer cooler for it last stage, will let you know how it worked out
          Thanks again for the info

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here