Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SVQ Pastrami - Perfected

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danjohnston949
    commented on 's reply
    Your Question is My Question LifebyC! I have Not Found the Definative Answer Yet❓ I am delaying the Brining to Better Time with St Paddy's Day❓. 🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀. 😚🤔❓🤔😚
    From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

• tbob4
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Pastrami flower.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	285934
    The pastrami flower just bloomed!

Leave a comment:

• LifebyC
    replied
    OK Question: You wet cured it for two and a half weeks? That's quite a bit longer than recommended in Meathead's article. I ask from both a safety and quality standpoint. I'd like to cure well in advance, rather than push it. Anything wrong with an extra long cure (like two and a half weeks)? Seems it should be safe as long as it's cool and clean. Any effect on quality? My two, four pound briskets have been swimming for a couple weeks. OK to wait a bit more and time it out for St. Patty's Pastrami, or should I pull them and start the desal, season, smoke, sous vide process with a freeze in there somewhere? Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Vojtek
    commented on 's reply
    Will do brother ...Thanks for the advice...

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Nice work Steve!!! Your going to love it! Just like bacon curing, make sure you give the container a shake to mix up the ingredients. I did this daily. post some pics of the progress.

• Steve Vojtek
    commented on 's reply
    customtrim
    To be honest I've never had pastrami but from previous experiences trying recipes on AR I've never been disappointed. They've all been awesome and I would bet anything this one will be awesome as well...Waiting is a small price to pay...

• customtrim
    commented on 's reply
    Steve Vojtek it is worth the wait i have 2 pieces getting smoked tonight

• Steve Vojtek
    replied
    Danjohnston949 Spinaker and @anyone else...
    I'm so excited to do this. Dan You are using Ruhlman's recipe and I am using Meathead's one. I've looked at the pics you posted and they are similar to a degree. I will try Yours next. But this time its Meathead's with all the optional extras. I was surprised to have each and every ingredient but not really - thanks to AR, Chefsteps and Seriouseats all there in my pantry.
    So my brisket was a little over 4 pounds but after trimming spot on. I bought bottled spring water on the way home and chilled it in my fridge. Used a whisk to mix in the salt and prague powder 1 and then the brown sugar and the rest of ingredients. And Spinnaker posting the picture of that sandwich ...,.you evil man it looks soooo delicious....hmmm

The ingredients:

​

This one is a floater soo...

​

I used another plastic container upside down to keep it under - it rests against the lid and keeps everything happy

​

​​​​​​​Now it's time to wait for 7 days... Something I'm used to since I make my own bacon...Sometimes I wish I had a "time machine" but not the one from the movie Idiocracy...

Leave a comment:

• Steve Vojtek
    commented on 's reply
    It is my first attempt at Corned beef as well . I bought a 4 pound piece of brisket yesterday and after I get home from work I will start curing it using Meatheads recipe. Good luck to both of Us.

• Craigar
    commented on 's reply
    Gorgeous! I have a flat of corned beef in the freezer I might have to defrost for this weekend. Better yet, I'll just stop for a fresh one from the butcher Thursday night on the way home.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here