Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Different cuts of beef...🤔

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different cuts of beef...🤔

This is a great chart I found when searching for other information. I thought some of you might like it.👍
    Attached Files

This is awesome! Thank you.

Comment

My local grocery store has that on the wall near the service counter of the meat department. That and the IMPS system are great references.

Comment

I like it. Thanks!

Comment

Great chart! Thank you!

Anybody have a chart that lists the common name for a cut and all the alias names that go with it?

Comment

Thanks for posting this chart, Breadhead.

Comment

Nice chart!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Very cool.

On a somewhat related note- has any one had the privilege of eating "chuck eye" steaks? There are a great alternative to a ribeye and lots cheaper. From what I understand they are the same muscle as a ribeye, just obviously further up the front chuck end. One caveat is they fall apart (unroll) quite easily when grilling, but man are they good eating if you want a good tender steak but aren't willing to pay for ribeyes. The ones I find are super marbled.

Comment

• MBMorgan
                    MBMorgan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    oh ... and you are correct that chuck eyes are from the same muscle as ribeye (cut from between the 6th and 12th ribs). Chuck eyes are cut from between the 5th and 6th.

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dr ROK There's a cartilage band that runs through it, and that can be annoying. But a real "chuck eye" is pretty tender, especially if it's well marbled when you buy it. Chuck steaks and chuck tender steaks are less tender & less marbled I think.

• Dr ROK
                    Dr ROK commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Huskee Kenji does note that you have to do some trimming on your plate. Must be the band of cartilage you mention.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here