Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burnt ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burnt ends

Anyone have any tips? i can make a killer brisket. but im not overly happy with the burnt ends. Any tips?

When I "crutch" a brisket I use an aluminum pan. When it is time to crutch, I slice off about 1" on of both sides of the hunk length wise, then cube it, and put those in the pan. I usually put some butter and a drizzle of molasses on the main hunk and cover tightly with foil. I can tell you now that those cubes just melt in your mouth. You can add a bit of extra rub to them or even roll them in something different before putting them in the pan with the brisket.

I know a lot of people use the point to make burnt ends, but I'm old school on that and think the point is way too tasty to use for that.

Comment

thanks for the advice. i re-read meatheads article as well. i will try both ways this weekend.

Comment

Bumping this thread because I'm making burnt ends today. Any tips or tricks are appreciated.

Comment

Burnt ends?? Well, when my wife cooks - er, never mind...

Comment

• scottranda
            scottranda commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll leave that one alone! Although, I saw a nice burnt ends pizza a few weeks ago from you 😛

The key for me is too cube up soon to be burnt ends from the point and cook them dudes until I can easily pull apart by hand. Then I sauce and caramelize.

Comment

• scottranda
            scottranda commented
            Editing a comment
            Cube them around 170 IT? Sauce them and back on grill at 250 for 2 hours? That was my original plan.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here