Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wet Ageing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wet Ageing

Good evening everyone,

I have a competition coming up in April and I was looking to getting a very high grade brisket, may be a Wyagu, and age it out for 30-45 days. Does anyone have any tips on how to do this, or could point me in the right direction?

Make sure the bag is sealed.
    Make sure the fridge temp is 34-36 degrees.

Comment

The hard part is making sure your fridge is that cool. The coldest you can be while remaining thawed (so the actual aging can happen) is best. I always thought mine was cold, but my Thermapen showed me I was only at 39-41 degrees, depending on its placement. That really surprised me. Might be worth a check with your tools to ensure you're doing it all right.

Comment

Those little mercury fridge and freezer thermometers work well.

Comment

This Glycol thermometer is also very good. The temp on it takes a little while to move, so you can open the fridge door and get an accurate reading a few seconds in. And it hangs easily. My BBQ Fridge is in the green zone. My big problem is not freezing stuff on the bottom. The multiple thermometers really helped with that.

Briskets out there aging right now!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            Briskets are $1.97/lb right now here at wolly world. A bin of about 30 had one Choice, and the bag was very loose and the flat got so thin on that one end/corner it was pretty paper thin pathetic.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here