Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I smoked me a brisket, and it was glorious.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I, for one, will not be jumping on the recent toothpick bandwagon. I, like the inventor of the toothpick indicator, prefer to slice off an end of the brisket for 1) quality assurance 2) confirmation of expected muscle "graining" and 3).... i'm damn hungry by that point and have been drooling for some brisket for quite a while.

Henrik i actually think that the toothpick indicator is a brilliant "why-didn't-I-think-of-that" idea and given the collective face palm of the pit members here in this thread, I'm not alone.
    Last edited by CurlingDog; February 19, 2016, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Now i don't know to cook up a brisket or pastrami this weekend? 🤔

Comment

Nice cook Henrik ...

I'm now on the toothpick band wagon.😎👍

Comment

Congratulations on the brisket but more importantly, how's Sally the St. Bernard doing?

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
            Powersmoke_80 commented
            Editing a comment
            I was thinking the same!

Good stuff. I like when father BBQ allows the elements to behave perfectly.

Comment

Since you've asked, here's my meat tasting partner, the picture was taken three days ago. She really liked that brisket too . Sally now weighs 26 kilograms (57 lbs), steadily adding 3-4 lbs a week.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sally.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	142692

Comment

What a sweetie Sally is! I've also been wondering how Y'all have been doing!

BEAUTIFUL job on the brisket!!!

Comment

Awwww, Henrik , Sally is so cute! It's good to have a BBQ taster-in-training, I imagine!

Kathryn

Comment

That's a fine looking BBQ buddy Henrik ...😎

Comment

That's funny ... a Swedish pup named Sally ... while we've got two Colorado cats named Dag and Tone (pronounced a lot like "tuna") ... Henrik will understand

Comment

• Henrik
                      Henrik commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I understand fully :-)

Where are you from MBMorgan, any European heritage?

• MBMorgan
                      MBMorgan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      From the US but lived in Norway (Stavanger) for a few years back in the late 90's while working for Schlumberger. Norsk is getting pretty rusty ... not many opportunities to practice here in central Colorado ...
                      Last edited by MBMorgan; February 21, 2016, 11:35 AM.

Nice brisket. Nice dog. Good idea with toothpicks. Way to go!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here