Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite prime rib leftover recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your favorite prime rib leftover recipe?

Got a fav?? I have a big chunk of Prime meat leftover and would like to figure out it's future destiny.
    If you say Philly sammy's, do you have a fav recipe?
    Cheers
    Kevin

Britt ...

I found this Philly sandwich recipe a year ago and it's now my go to recipe.

I was born and raised in Philadelphia and this was my favorite lunch at the luncheonettes (sandwich shops). Places throughout the rest of the Country

Comment

• Britt
      Britt commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks good. Thanks!

In college we slathered our thick slices with mustard and put under the broiler in the oven. It was already loaded with a pepper-garlic-salty rub to reduce overall buffet consumption.

Sure beat the crap out of hamburger helper.

Comment

Sanger with fresh bread, mayo, Dijon, pickle, salt and lots of pepper. Sauerkraut is also good.

Comment

Tonight, I'm making a very expensive Bolognese.

Comment

Toss slices in a red hot cast iron pan and make faux ribeyes.

Comment

I slice it as thin as I can (until I get my slicer) and make the wife a French Dip. I also like a big hunk of left over roast with my scrambled eggs the next day.

Comment

First run of leftovers

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                Danjohnston949 commented
                Editing a comment
                @Brtitt, That looks great! I bet your left overs didn't last long! 👍👍👍👍👍. Eat Well and Prosper!
                From Fargo ND, Dan

French dip. All the suggestions here sound real good, too.

Comment

I've been known to remove as much fat as possible from a small amount of the leftovers, marinate briefly in a little teriyaki sauce (perhaps with a little sherry and cornstarch added) and use in a Chinese-style beef fried rice dish.

Comment

I slather it in a horseradish sauce and put it under the broiler for it to crisp it up....mmmmm

Comment

I seal it in a ziplock and suck all the air out with a straw or by water displacement. Then, I sous vide it at 135 for an hour or two and serve just like it was fresh from the oven.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here