Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whole Smoked Brisket Reheat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whole Smoked Brisket Reheat

Two weeks ago I cooked for a our large Christmas party. I cooked Snake River Farms Briskets following Meatheads recipe and using Big Bad Beef Rub (excellent by the way) and have two whole leftover. They were cooked to 203 degrees. I brought them home after the party and refrigerated them overnight. The next morning, I vacuum sealed and put in the freezer. I thawed in the fridge in the vacuum seal.

I searched this forum and read the Wozniak way but these Briskets are fully cooked. I do have a sous vide but have searched Google and here and not found how long to reheat at what temperature and for how long. Several places mention water bath but no time or temperature. Serving tonight around 5:30 central time. Any suggestions sous vide or other ideas? Thanks and Happy New Year!

Reheat at 250 until 165 internal. Most of mine take 3-4 hours. Make sure they got a little bit of liquid inside the foil. They get done a little early just hold in a 170 oven.

I've cooked ahead over the course of 3-4 days in advance and all were reheated on the day of serving. Can't tell a lick of difference.
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; December 26, 2015, 10:19 AM.

Comment

My guess would be like a percooked ham. Put it in a pan (or wrap tightly) cover with foil and take it to 160 or so, then Cambro it till service and slicing. Good luck.

Comment

Already cooked so you just need serving temp. As long as they are already vac-packed, I think you could use your sous vide and take them up to 140-150 for a couple hours and be fine.

Comment

+1 for what Jerod said ...

Mike

Comment

Thanks to all!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here