Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you like beef jerky...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you like beef jerky...

You should try the recipe here. I had the butcher slice 2 pounds of top round as thin as he could, then pounded it flatter myself and put in the marinade overnight. Smoked it but made the crucial mistake of tasting it at about the 2 hour mark. By hour 3.5 the whole top rack was gone and I just pulled it off and we ate it hot...there's a little left over in the fridge but I'll probably get rid of it because it wasn't really dried out enough to keep for very long.

When I do it next time, I'll probably dial back the ginger a little, was a little too powerful for me and my gang. I might swap out the molasses for brown sugar because I don't like the smell of molasses, but the smell was not in the finished product so I might not after all.

By the way, instead of grating the ginger I chopped it up in a mini food prep which worked perfectly.

I miss deer jerky......and that stuff sure goes FAST!!!

Comment

Looks good! Have a link?

Comment

Sure, here it is: http://amazingribs.com/recipes/beef/beef_jerky.html

Comment

Had no idea that was here, find new stuff here all the time.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here