Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Morton's Tri Tip from Costco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morton's Tri Tip from Costco

I did my 1st tri tip on the PBC 2 weeks ago. It was a Morton's tri-tip from Costco as this was the only tri tip I could find. Now this tri tip is packaged in a marinade so I did not do anything else to it. The PBC cooked it to what looked like a perfect medium rare but when I took the first bite out of it the salt almost knocked me over and I like salty stuff. I almost couldn't eat it. It seemed more palatable on fajitas the next day. Does anyone else have any opinions on the Morton tri tip?

I have never tried Morton's but you can use the corned beef trick of soaking it overnight in lots of clear water (or frequent changes). That should pull some of the salt back out.

Comment

• SurfsUp
      SurfsUp commented
      Editing a comment
      Excellent, thanks! I was not aware of that.

Try your local Publix. Seems you have two in Jax Beach. Publix here in Tampa is the only place I can find tri tips. A bit pricy at $8.99 a lb. but well worth the effort

Comment

• SurfsUp
      SurfsUp commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I've checked before at Publix out here with no luck. I will check back with them and this time I will ask.

• FLBuckeye
      FLBuckeye commented
      Editing a comment
      They don't put the tri tips in the case usually for some reason. I just ask the butcher. Sometimes I have to order them. His wife used to work for me so I have a good relationship

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here