Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have a great recipe for brisket chili?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have a great recipe for brisket chili?

Looking for a brisket chili recipe, I have googled several but thought I would check with the masters of the grill

Thanks in advanced

Here ya go: http://amazingribs.com/recipes/beef/texas_chili_con_carne.html

Happy Holidays!

Comment

I make my chili with leftover smoked brisket or leftover smoked pulled beef from the chuckies I've smoked in my PBC. I make my usual chili recipe but add the meat at the end, keeping it in the pot just long enough to let it heat through. Give it a good stir and serve it up. With the addition of that smoky beef, it's amazingly delicious.

I use Pendery's chile powders, which come in a tasty range of flavors. (They sell a sampler pack that is nice.) I make up a milder pot for those in the family who don't like too much spice. Pendrey's Top Hat Chili Powder is a good place to start, IMO.

I use more chile powder and toss some chopped jalapenos or habaneros in the chili that I make for those of us who like it hotter.

Kathryn

Comment

Check out bobby Flays Red Beef Chili recipe at FoodNetwork.com. Replace the beef at the end to heat thru as fzxdoc suggested. Leave out the Habernero if you dont like it really hot.

Comment

Mmmm, sounds so good. I'm doing a bunch of pulled pork and pulled beef tomorrow for a gathering and I just told my wife if we get to bring any leftover pulled beef home it needs to be made into either chili or lasagna.

Comment

Thanks for the help! Will put it to use

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here