Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salting an injected Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salting an injected Brisket

I've injected my 9.6 lb brisket with 2 tablespoons kosher salt, 1 tablespoon sugar, 2 teaspoons Worcestershire, 4 cups low sodium beef stock, and 1/2 tsp of Ac'cent. The brisket would only hold about 1/3 of the mixture.
    Should I add salt to my rub or is this too much salt?
    Any rub suggestions?

I would rub without salt, and then salt to taste at serving time.

Comment

I'd put salt on it. You should be fine. It can handle it

Comment

The typical dry brine recommendation is 1/2tsp Kosher salt (or 1/4tsp table salt) per lb of meat- therefore with a let's say 10lber you'd add 5tsp Kosher or 2.5tsp table. That would be the amount for a dry brine, meaning the salt you'd sprinkle on the meat and the amount that would stay on the meat.

If you used 2 Tbsp (~6 tsp), and only ~1/3 made it into the meat (~2tsp), you'll probably be just fine to add a pinch of salt to your bark, otherwise your bark may be quite bland. Personally I would only add just enough to give the bark flavor. The salt you injected plus the worsch. and other flavors should be plenty internally.

Comment

I should have salted but flavor was great and better to be on the safe side of too much salt. Thanks.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here